Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Crawlspace Crickets

johnnymo wrote:
Hello - I have a moist crawlspace that I am about to attack and I want
to aviod be attacked by crickets. I have noticed that I have a lot of
crickets down there. I guess because it is dark and moist. Not the cute
little chirping ones. These guys look ferocious and I was talking to my
neighbor and he calls them "cave crickets". I know they hate light
(they run when I shine a flash light on them), so should I just install
some lights in my crawlspace and leave them on for a week or so, or is
there an easier way to get those guys to move out.

Any suggestions?

I've had good luck with sticky traps. You can use duct tape, sticky
side up, as a substitute for the store-bought traps.

http://www.bugspray.com/catalog/products/page421.html