Posted to uk.d-i-y
nightjar nightjar is offline

Default Door hinge "router jigs".

"robgraham" wrote in message
ups.com...
I take it as obvious that you have a need for this rather than buying
one for the sake of doing so rather than cutting the rebates out by
hand. I built two doors recently and it didn't take that much time to
prepare the rebates. I'm always concerned with jigs that I have them
set correctly which then requires a test run on a piece of scrap - so
that takes time.

The Trend jig does not need much setting and there is no need to do a test
run.

Two questions come to mind - do these jigs angle the rebate bed back
properly

I've not seen that done since steel hinges replaced tapered cast iron ones.

and can they be used to prepare the rebate on the door frame ?

That is precisiely why you use them. The jig ensures that both sets of
rebates are in exactly the same relative positions and that there is a
proper clearance at the top of the door.

Colin Bignell