Posted to alt.home.repair
Al Bundy Al Bundy is offline

Default OT but you guys are good...

wrote in news:1159459404.553131.214940
@k70g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

I need to move a big screen TV down a flight of concrete stairs. The TV
is large, 4' tall, 2' thick and 4'+ wide. My guess is its about 200lbs
or more. When I brought the tv up the stairs it was in its packaging,
thick cardboard and we slid the box up the stairs. Well, now we can't.
It has wheels on the bottom that won't come off. There is no where to
handle the TV except the bottom. Does anyone have any ideas on how to
get it down the stairs without destroying the TV? I am wrapping the
outside in moving blankets and duct tape. Maybe some kind of straps
like piano movers use? Thanks in advance.

This is a general comment not directed at the OP in particular.

Why the hell do people need/want these big ass screens? They cost a
billion dollars (+tax) and the pictures suck on every one of them. They
are blury, rotton colors, some you can't see unless you are right
directly in front of it. What do you do when more than one person wants
to watch? Stack chairs like bunkbeds? Sit shortest to tallest behind each
other? People put them in rooms that cover the entire wall and the
opposite wall is 12ft away. Honestly, dirt cheap 25/27" TVs, even the
Chinese ones with recycled beer cans for wiring have pictures 10x better.

OK, personal peeve [off]
:-)