Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] nobody@home.net is offline

Default Mike97 Washer overflowing tub sink

On 28 Sep 2006 08:41:05 -0700, "BobK207" wrote:

Mike97 wrote:
I have a home built in 1954. The washer machine is in the garage. The
washer empties into a tub sink next to the washer. The problem is the
sink overflows. There is a small drain in the sink, 1 inch diamater
with a small sink trap to cacth the lint. It catches too much lint and
nothing drains. I am tired of the garage flooding.... can anyone think
of another solution to how I can dispose of the used water?

Put a lint filter over the discharge hose to catch most of the lint
*before* it gets to the drain. There's metal and plastic versions,
they're about a dollar each or less.

A section of old pantyhose will work, but the finer mesh clogs quickly
so needs to be checked after every few loads to be sure the water is
still flowing freely.

Use a wire tie or hose clamp to hook it to the hose.