Backlash

Default century 125gs welder

Link?

"Doug" wrote in message
Most of the hard core guys here will tell you to go with the Lincoln. I
actually bought a Century 220v migwelder about 7-8 years ago. I bought it
because I wasn't sure if I would actually use it or not. Of course in the
end it turned out I use the thing constantly. I've eveen started welding

as
a side business. I haven't had any problems with it yet and the duty cycle
is enougth that I have never had a problem with having to stop because

the
machine won't keep up. I've never tried welding any aluminum so I can't

help
you there. With this said I've never been sorry I bought the Century.

Check out my website for new projects I've done.

Doug Arthurs
Northwood, Ontario

"SteveB" wrote in message

"Bryan Goring" wrote in message
Hi All,

Anyone one with experience owning and using a century 125gs, and would
like to advise a novice on its capabilities, it would be greatly
appreciated.

I have been tempted to buy a mig welder setup for some time, was

looking
at the lincoln weldpak (120v feed) with gas hookup. I prefer this

brand
because it is well recognized and has a web site, i can find little
information about the century online. But the lincoln with gas kit

will
cost me around ~CDN800 bucks. I have the chance to buy the century

unit
on clearance for CDN375 still in the box, never used.

I want to know whether it would be really worth to spend the extra

money
for the lincoln, in particular:

-any significant features on the lincoln lacking on the century unit
-century's capability to weld aluminum (the lincoln datasheet mentions
this capability, no mention on the century)

Also, it looks like the century has only 4 heat settings, and a fixed
gas regulator. Not sure if this means too much.

Any tips greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Bryan

You get what you pay for.

The Lincoln is a great machine. You can get parts most anywhere. A

machine
ain't worth spit if it is down because of malfunction or lack of parts.

I would save up and get the Lincoln. I have the 175SP+, and like it a

lot.

A lot of guys buy something cheap, then have to replace it in a few

years.
With the cost of the replacement, and the cost of the original, they

could
have bought a Miller or Lincoln, and it would still be running. Cheap

ain't
good if it don't last.

Steve