Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
F. Donald Hart F. Donald Hart is offline

Default Competion themes

One of the clubs I belong to recently had for it's theme: What can you make
from a construction grade 2X4X8', with one square foot of another specie of
wood of your choice for decoration etc. We had platters, birdhouses,
hollow vessels, and a lazy suzan won the contest. Another club I belong to
is having a goblet for it's challange. Any size shape, type of material,
etc.
Don Hart

"BillR" wrote in message
Our woodturning club is putting together it's theme for each of next years
monthly competitions. We are having trouble thinking of new of new ideas.

Some of our past themes have been:
Babies rattle
Lace bobbin
Carved or decorated bowl