Posted to uk.d-i-y
S Viemeister S Viemeister is offline

Default US - UK appliance conversion - any ideas ?

Phil wrote:

Hi - I have a US 70's food blender I used to use when I lived in the
US. I now live back in the UK and want to use it here.

I assume I can't plug this in here - the info on the base shows :

Volts = 115v
Freq = 25-60 cycles
Amps = 5.2
Watt = 575

I'm no expert but strikes me a transformer for this would be pretty big
so ideally I need to get the motor replaced for a UK spec one - if
that's possible.

Any ideas how / who could do this. ?

I know everyone will say buy a Uk blender but this thing is awesome.

I have a US food processor which I use with one of those travel
converters and a plug adapter. It's been working away quite happily,
since 1998.
I use the same setup with my US sewing machine.