Posted to alt.home.repair
John_B John_B is offline

Default microwave on switched outlet?

Microwaves are often located in kitchens which have coffee makers and
toasters and such which use up a large fraction of 15 amperes. If
somebody tries to use a microwave AND a heating appliance on the same
circuit at the same time, I think a blown 15 ampere fuse is quite likely.

mm wrote:
On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 07:38:31 -0700, "Bill"
wrote:

Also check local electrical codes. I don't know if they would require a
separate 20 amp outlet for a microwave or whatever.

Surely not for those tiny ones, but they may have maximum wattage for
15 amps.

If you are having your

work inspected, run it by your local electrical inspector before doing any
work. Could save you time and money...