Martin H. Eastburn

Default If you were building the dream shop

Dave Young wrote:

We still use fixed halon systems on some of our Coast Guard small boats
(for example 41' UTB's: http://www.uscg.mil/datasheet/41utb.htm) and
cutters (for example 110' WPB's:
http://www.uscg.mil/datasheet/110wpb.htm).....

Dave Young

Great! I'd spray myself or you down if we were on fire. with CO2 I'd
jump into the sea. Ever see what CO2 does to a rubber ball - shatters it.

Also aboard ship, as in those, rollovers might inject water into compartments
and freezing water from CO2 might do as much damage as the fire.

A cousin of mine was a Loran Radioman - His station was mid pacific. His island
was smaller than the 110 WPB you mention. Just coral heads with sand. We met him
one day when the 'fleet' was in and brought him food and swapped partial crew and
gave all a day off on our island - 1.5 miles long, 500 yards wide and 6 ft. (yes ~2M)
tall at the highest. We fed him after we looked him up - better than the local
food hall.

Best Regards,
Martin

--