James Crombie

Default "Stackable" cutters on a vertical mill?

Glenn Lyford wrote:
Does any company make small horizontal milling machines any more?
When ever I look for new import mills in the $1,500 - $2,000 price
range, all I see are verticals.

Well, there's this one, but it's outside your range:
http://www.grizzly.com/products/item...emnumber=G3617

--Glenn Lyford

You can get an attachment for bridgeport style mills that use an angle
head and arbor with a steady that attaches to the dovetail on the head
slide.

Check out https://www.travers.com/index.asp and goto page 455 and look
for the milling accessories set about half way down the page. $682 for
the Taiwan made set. the Dorian set is about $1500 I have used the
angle heads alot but not with the arbor or support. We had one machine
set up almost permanetly with one.