Posted to alt.home.repair
Derek Lawler Derek Lawler is offline

Default Water Heater Timer

Thanks to both of you for the clarification. All I need do now is connect
the two bare wires to ground and skip the post at A. I don't know if the
motor is 120 or 240 but I am going to take a chance and assume it is 240 as
I don't want to disassemble the whole panel. The original wiring (circa
1956) is 12 gauge, so I went with that to extend the original wiring that
was too short to reach the terminals. Once I screw in the two fuses I will
know ---the moment of truth, so to speak. Took a cold shower this pm but
after all, the ambient temp has been in the 90's here in Florida. Last week
I patted myself on the back for R&R my Volvo's water pump. I like that
feeling of doing things myself, as don't we all.
Derek