Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

Default 15A Cartridge Fuses Keep Blowing When I Change Them

You might want to consider replacing the panel with circuit breakers. It
sounds like the cartridge fuse circuits are overloaded or have an
intermittent short

wrote in message
ps.com...
My fuse box has 3 cartridges of 15A fuses along with the regular glass
fuses. The 15A cartridges power the outlets in the kitchen and seem to
be interconnected with some of the circuits that operate on the glass
fuses. My problem is that when the cartridge fuses blow, I go through
4 or 5 of them before I can get one to work. Typcially they blow as
soon as I put them in. Could this be because I did not turn off the
power prior to changing them? Should I be using a time delay fust
instead ( these are no motors on these circuits, just outlets from the
kitchen and garage. Why don't they use glass fuses on all the
circuits?

Anyone have any ideas?