Posted to alt.home.repair
Ken Ken is offline

Default Mike97

Mike97 wrote:
I have a home built in 1954. The washer machine is in the garage. The
washer empties into a tub sink next to the washer. The problem is the
sink overflows. There is a small drain in the sink, 1 inch diamater
with a small sink trap to cacth the lint. It catches too much lint and
nothing drains. I am tired of the garage flooding.... can anyone think
of another solution to how I can dispose of the used water?

I have heard of people placing an old nylon stocking over the washer
drain hose and capturing the lint that way. If the problem is lint
slowing the flow in the drain of the sink, perhaps it might help?