Posted to rec.woodworking
Lew Hodgett Lew Hodgett is offline

Default Electric hand tool recommendations

Chris Dubea wrote:

My list is as follows:

1) Bosch 1591 EVSK Barrel grip jigsaw.
2) Porter Cable 352VS belt sander.
3) Milwaukee 6391-21 7 1/4" left hand circular saw.

The more I thought about this post, the more I thought about the tools
I frequently use these days, in no particular order.

A good 10" table saw equipped with a Unifence, a good set of 10"
carbide saw blades, and a good dado set.

A jointer.

A bench top planer.

A router kit with both fixed and plunge bases.

A 6" Bosch, ROS (I dream about a Fein 8").

A Fein detail sander with all the goodies.

A Bosch jig saw.

A 1,500 watt heat gun.

A battery operated panel saw.

A battery operated drill.

A 1/2", right angle, 2 speed, corded drill to handle that collection
of hole saws.

Probably the biggest investment is the collection of cutting tools
required for those power tools.

After that, it is clamps, clamps and more clamps.

HTH

Lew