Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Toto (tm) toilet??

Harry K wrote:
Neighbor has one. 1.6 gal and what a great flush, he is sold on them.
Has anyone had any experience with them? I need to replace mine and am
tempted but wonder if it is such a great product why are dealers so
scarce. I am in E Washington and the nearest dealer seems to be in
Western Oregon. That seems to be a red flag to me. Of course the
price is really high ($350 range) so that may explain the lack of
dealers.

I guess you can tell from the responses that Toto makes some good
shi...errr....waste removal fixtures. Usually you'd if you asked if
it's black or white, you'd get two answers black, one white, four or
five varying shades of grey and at least a couple of purples or rainbow
answers. Consider yourself lucky.

One of the nicest features of the Toto toilets is the soft-close
seat/lid. You can't slam it, it makes no noise and it's amazing the
feature hasn't been copied by everyone.

The last one I bought was from a company I found on eBay - the prices
were cheaper over the phone than what they had for the auction price.