Bryan Goring

Default century 125gs welder

Hi All,

Anyone one with experience owning and using a century 125gs, and would
like to advise a novice on its capabilities, it would be greatly
appreciated.

I have been tempted to buy a mig welder setup for some time, was looking
at the lincoln weldpak (120v feed) with gas hookup. I prefer this brand
because it is well recognized and has a web site, i can find little
information about the century online. But the lincoln with gas kit will
cost me around ~CDN800 bucks. I have the chance to buy the century unit
on clearance for CDN375 still in the box, never used.

I want to know whether it would be really worth to spend the extra money
for the lincoln, in particular:

-any significant features on the lincoln lacking on the century unit
-century's capability to weld aluminum (the lincoln datasheet mentions
this capability, no mention on the century)

Also, it looks like the century has only 4 heat settings, and a fixed
gas regulator. Not sure if this means too much.

Any tips greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Bryan