Posted to rec.woodworking
Clint Clint is offline

Default Electric hand tool recommendations

And on the plus side, my dad can't stand using my PC left-bladed saw, so I
don't have to worry about it ending up in his collection!

Clint

"Teamcasa" wrote in message
Leon"
Left hand saws are meant to be used with your left hand so that you are
not exposed to the exposed side of the blade. This is a safety feature
for left handers.

Leon, You seem to be the only one who keeps bringing up this issue.
Generally, I have a great deal of respect for your opinion however, on
this issue I believe you are incorrect.

The blade left saws are not designed for left handed people.
Skil/Bosch/Milwaukee/Dewalt all make saws with left bladed - and they
outsell the right blade ones five to one. Interestingly enough, most call
it their professional - heavy duty or framer saw. I generally use my
right hand to saw with and I prefer the left bladed saw. It's much easier
to see the line and hold it on line.

Dave

http://www.usenet.com