Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Allison Robert Allison is offline

Default I love the way Home Depot sucks!

Charlie Morgan wrote:
On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 19:21:02 -0700, "Steve B" wrote:

"Johnny V." wrote in message
.. .

"Steve B" wrote

We do so. She rings up two doors at $39 each. My wife and I make eye
contact, but don't say a word. We pay the girl, and then run like hell.

Gosh Steve, I'll bet you and your wife are real proud.

Running out of a box store after knowingly cheating them. Can you trust
each other, or are you constantly on your toes wondering if the other one
is cheating?

You two deserve each other.

**** you asshole.

I didn't go in there to steal anything.

We didn't cheat anyone.

We did what the people said to do.

We let them do their own math.

We paid what they asked.

And the rest of you sanctimonious pious assholes that act like you're honest
and haven't done anything shady in your lives and still pontificate on the
actions of others can kiss my sorry dishonest ass, too. Too bad you don't
have the honesty to share your stories. Like you wouldn't or haven't done
the same thing. Yeah, right.

Steve

Okay, here's my story... I once waited in a long line at the bank drivethrough
to cash my paycheck on my lunch hour. After about 45 minutes, I made it to the
window and cashed my check. As I pulled away, I counted the money and realized I
had been given an extra $10. Well, I only had about 15 minutes before I was due
back at work, and it didn't look like I was gonna be eating lunch. I circled
around the building and got back at the end of that line. When I got to the
window, the clerk tried to refuse the $10. She said she gave me the correct
amount. I insisted on talking to her supervisor. I told the supervisor that I
had been given $10 too much and at first she didn't want to take it either. I
finally said, "Look, take the money, and when you close out the register, if you
come out $10 ahead, here's my name and address. I ended up not only missing
lunch, but lost a half hours pay by getting back to work late.

Now... Tell us your story again.

CWM

Here is my story:

I was in Home Depot for some miscellaneous items and noticed a
water dispenser (the kind that heats and chills water from a
water bottle, free standing) with a sign on top of it that
said $89.00. I had been looking at these because my wife
wanted one for the house and I had been researching prices. I
knew that this one was regularly about $200 and saw that the
tabletop models were right next to the ones with the special
sign. I was not looking to buy one of these at that moment,
but I knew that was the wrong price. I grabbed the sales rep
in that area and told him that I think that sign is supposed
to be on the table top models. He argued with me and said
that no, the special was for these standalones. I then asked;
if I carry this down to the register, is it going to ring up
at $89.00? He said absolutely. I told him that I had been
looking at these and that was an exceptional price for that
model, it was even a good price for the table top model and
that he should check to make sure that that was the correct
price. He then became surly and informed me that this was his
dept. and he had installed the sign and knew what he was
talking about.

At that point, I decided if that was the price, I needed to
buy it, since it was such a good deal. I asked him to come
with me to the checkout to make sure there were no problems.
He grabbed a cart, put the dispenser in it and walked up to
the checkout with me. The cashier scanned the bar code and it
rang up at $192.00 and change. I looked at the sales guy and,
without a word, he did an override on the transaction and sold
me the unit for $89.00. The next time I passed by there, the
sign was on the table top model.

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.