Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Casper Casper is offline

Default Help with turning calligraphy pens!

"marlau" was hear to mutter:
www.paperinkarts.com. You can call them at 1-800-736-7772 and they'll
send you a lovely catalogue. They have what you're looking for.
Saul

Thanks! I'll give them a try!

"Leo Lichtman" was heard to mutter:
"Mike Mac" wrote: LeeValley carries all the parts for pens you could need..
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Not quite, Mike. Remember when you were trying to learn penmanship is grade
school, and they gave you a wooden penholder with a sharp, steel nibbed
writing tip. And they gave you paper that was DESIGNED to make the point
catch, so that tiny drops of ink were scattered on the paper? THAT's the
kind of penholder Casper is trying to make, and the little springy insert
that holds the nib is what he needs. Good luck, Casper.

I wonder whether they are even available to the consumer. You might do
better going to a stationery or art supply store, and buying penholders, and
just cannibalizing the part you need.

I've tried all the local art stores. One of them even contacted their
Speedball vendor for me and no luck. As far as cannibalizing, I could,
but I was hoping to make a number of these pens and that would be way
more work and time just to round up old ones and tear them apart.

I've been trying to figure out a way to make some sort of spring on my
own, but can't seem to come up with anything simple enough.