Posted to rec.woodworking
mac davis mac davis is offline

Default Board Buddies

On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 13:51:46 -0700, "Teamcasa" wrote:

Dave... bring them to El Dorado when you come down.....
I'll find a home for them in the new shop.. *g*

I would be to embarrased to declare them!
When do you move in? Soon right?
Dave

Run through the non-declare line at the border... If you get the red light and
they claim that they're worth more than the $300 allowed, just say "sold"... lol

The moving truck gets here on Oct. 12th...
Assuming that the truck, my tools and wood and the household stuff clears
customs, we'll start moving in on about the 15th...

Oddly enough, the biggest problem that the mover sees so far is my wood!
I supplied him with pictures so he'd have a chance to talk to the border folks,
but 40 or 50 short logs are not your usual "household personal property" and
they might be taxed or confiscated..

Not sure if it's a pest control problem or that they think I'm smuggling
firewood.. going to be a bitch finding stuff to turn bowls from if they
confiscate it!
Mac

https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis