Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default I love the way Home Depot sucks!

On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 19:21:02 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

"Johnny V." wrote in message

"Steve B" wrote

We do so. She rings up two doors at $39 each. My wife and I make eye
contact, but don't say a word. We pay the girl, and then run like hell.

Gosh Steve, I'll bet you and your wife are real proud.

Running out of a box store after knowingly cheating them. Can you trust
each other, or are you constantly on your toes wondering if the other one
is cheating?

You two deserve each other.

**** you asshole.

I didn't go in there to steal anything.

That's why no one said you committed "premeditated stealing".

We didn't cheat anyone.

We did what the people said to do.

But you knew that most likely the cashier had made a mistake. If
someone misspoke and told you burn down his house, or to push him into
traffic, or in front of a train, would you do it?

We let them do their own math.

But you knew that most likely the cashier had made a mistake.

We paid what they asked.

But you knew that most likely the cashier had made a mistake.

And the rest of you sanctimonious pious assholes that act like you're honest
and haven't done anything shady in your lives

No one said anything about his own level of honesty**. You're
offering a red herring to change the topic.

**(except one person who said he did something similar and agreed that
he flunked the test)

and still pontificate on the
actions of others can kiss my sorry dishonest ass, too. Too bad you don't
have the honesty to share your stories. Like you wouldn't or haven't done
the same thing. Yeah, right.

I suspect that many of those who criticized you let such things happen
when they were much younger, or maybe just younger, but they've
realized it is wrong and they wouldn't do it again. Parents usually
teach their children not to steal, but unless a situation like this
comes up when both the parent and child are present, the child doesn't
have to watch the parent make up his mind what to do, and the parent
can easily forget to talk some other time about every one of the
situations that don't fit the prototypes, like shoplifting, purse
snatching, burglary, etc.

So if the child didn't see a parent deal with this situation, and if
the parents and the religious teachers didn't talk about it, and if no
public school teacher or friend set a good example, or even a stranger
that one might be standing next to while he paid a cashier, it's
possible for someone not to know.

But now you know what everyone here except one person thinks about
this. Maybe if you have time to think about it some more, a few days
or weeks or months, you agree with the rest of us.

Steve