Posted to alt.home.repair
Dawn Dawn is offline

Default Plumbing problem?

"Photon713" wrote in message
news:LzlSg.3222$Kw1.788@trnddc05...
Evening, Dawn...

Did you check out the vent to the roof? You might consider that.
We had a similar problem that turned out to be a bird that had
died in the vent. We had to drop a fishing line with hook into
the vent to clear it. Are you sure that the smell was coming from the
washer and the washer plumbing? I would also check out the dryer
and the dryer vent. Good Luck...

Thanks for your reply. As it turns out, it may have been....wait for
it....the detergent! This is the craziest thing I've ever heard of, but
we're washing the same load again, with a new detergent, and it's not
smelling this time.

The culprit detergent is Cheer color-guard linen scent liquid. The weird
thing is, it smells fine in the bottle. Perhaps there was some weird
chemical reaction between the detergent and our softened water?

Gee, I'm sure glad we bought a new washing machine in a year when money is
tight because of a stupid detergent :-). Well, we could always send it
back...but it's so nice and quiet and so many clothes fit in it.

Thanks again. I'm glad you got that bird problem fixed because that sounds
really disgusting. I'll keep that in mind should we ever have this problem
again. Off to write a nice letter to the makers of Cheer...

Dawn