Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default I love the way Home Depot sucks!

Oren wrote:
On 26 Sep 2006 17:26:07 -0700, "dpb" wrote:

Oren wrote:

We don't know what the "door guy" wrote on the ticket. ...

We do, otoh, know what OP _thought_ was on the ticket.

Just tell me how we know. Add a comment on his thought other than
getting away with something.

Don't have to add a comment, can use his own words...

''... they are $89 each, but ... I'd take it if he made me a deal.
....He says we can have it for $50, a $39 discount. ... She rings up
two doors at $39 each. My wife and I make eye contact, but don't say a
word. "

Very clearly he (and the wife, too, for that matter) thought they were
buying one door at $89 and another at $50. Whether the slip was
miswritten rather than misinterpreted isn't the point I was making, it
was clear to him that what was rung up wasn't what was intended and
he/they chose to take advantage of the mistake, whoever actually made
it.