Gunner

Default "Stackable" cutters on a vertical mill?

On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 16:10:59 GMT, "Peter Grey"
wrote:

Gunner,

Does any company make small horizontal milling machines any more? When ever
I look for new import mills in the $1,500 - $2,000 price range, all I see
are verticals. How come?

The Asians still make horizontal mills, though generally big ones.
Horizontal mills are often too slow for production work of generalized
nature, but are still used extensively in the automotive manufacturing
world.

Are the K&Ts as small as your Vernon?

No. G the #2s have a foot print about the size of a Bridgeport and
weigh a bit more. Around 3000-3500 lbs

Here is a picture of the type
and another

These are NOT the machines that are for sale, just pictures of the
model.

For those who already own one..I just got an entire manual that I will
be scanning. A clients shop just purchased one, and Ive been setting
it up and making fixtures to do gang milling of one particular part.
http://www.deschner.com/

Good people and on my A list...

Gunner

Peter

"Gunner" wrote in message
.. .

Anyone in California want some GREAT horizontal Mills, Greer Machinery
in Huntington Beach, has a pair of K&T #2s, (complete with the
optional vertical heads) for $400 each. Tom told me they were in good
running condition and so far..he has yet to fib or exaggerate.

Gunner

"Gun Control, the theory that a 110lb grandmother should
fist fight a 250lb 19yr old criminal"