Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Kevin Miller Kevin Miller is offline

Default How do you interest your wife in woodturning?

George wrote:

"mac davis" wrote in message
Women sew, I can't even mend straight....

Sewing is not that tough, George... think of the sewing machine as a
band
saw..
*g*

My wife helped me make a couple of shop aprons and I actually found
myself
enjoying running the machine... I didn't do it well, but it was
interesting..

Read the last line quickly, and out loud.

Huh?? I know it's Monday morning, but I guess that went over my head??

Old joke. Mend straight = menstruate. More or less distinguishes us
from the women.

Thanks George. I kept trying to figure out the play on words in

"My wife helped me make a couple of shop aprons and I actually found
myself enjoying running the machine... I didn't do it well, but it was
interesting"

That was the last line in the previous post. We can all sleep easy again...

....Kevin
--
Kevin Miller
http://www.alaska.net/~atftb