Owain

Default electric shower

"Ben" wrote
| Hmm, damn, guess nothing in life is ever simple!
| I suppose i thought i wanted an electric shower from what you guys
| have said and that my current wiring just aint going to be up to the
| job.
| I do have a combi boiler, but it doesn't seem to make for a good
| shower... is hard to get the temperature right.
| I'm quite poor and only had a thingy that attached to the taps, was
| quite a posh nice shiny plastic one!
| Is there some kind of weird device that would be better?

1. Check both hot and cold are being fed from the mains - your hot water
through the combi will be mains, but your cold may still be from a tank
(like the hot was, presumably). You could install a pump to bring the cold
up to a similar pressure, but it would be better to replumb the bath/shower
to run directly from the cold mains. You could keep the loft tank for the
loo cisterns (possibly quieter filling, and also a reserve in case of mains
water failure).

.... then when both the hot and cold are similar pressure ...

2. Fit a proper thermostic shower mixer

Owain