Posted to alt.home.repair
Cliff Hartle Cliff Hartle is offline

Default From chalk lines to roof lines--Putting final shingles at the top

I think you are splitting hairs as to the term flashing. You seem to define
flashing as metal used to between a roof and a wall or valley flashing
between roofs.

According to this

http://tinyurl.com/qwmyu

The strip at the top could be considered flashing. What would you call it a
J channel? I have an idea that she most likely was sold a piece of aluminum
fascia. I can't imagine any thing pre made at a home center that would be
any thing else.

I could have told her she needs to bend a piece of coil stock with a brake
to exactly match what is needed, but I didn't what to start throwing around
more terms and confusing the OP more.

"kevin" wrote in message
oups.com...

Cliff Hartle wrote:
Just continue up the roof as if it didn't stop and cut off what ever
hangs
over the top. I guess your last exposed course will only be tabs, just
nail
them so the nails are under your flashing.

Please, people... she already said this is a "shed roof", and is not
adjacent to a wall. There is no flashing.