Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Know I know why I am confused at what everyone is saying!!

stryped wrote:
Everything in that online manual looks like my jointer but the
pictorial of the cutterhead does not. Mine only has a blade, wedge, and
4 allen headed bolts for each blade to tighten the blade. It does not
have any of those "fine adjustment" screws.

Are the holes there but just missing the screws or does the cutterhead
not have provision for them? There were cutterheads w/o them for sure,
I presume that would indicate earlier models or perhaps there were some
other minor niceties as well that made different models, I don't know.
Either way, if the head doesn't have the depth-setting screws, that
makes it more of a pita to align but the same steps are to be
followed--first you have to get the knives all in a concentric circle,
then if necessary, adjust the cutterhead relative to the tables. (Of
course, to get the knives on a concentric circle means the head needs
to be parallel to the tables to start with since the reference point is
the table, so you need to check that first.)