Posted to uk.d-i-y
Art Deco Art Deco is offline

Default Red and green LEDs on cordless drill charging base

On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 13:55:51 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
Art Deco wrote:
The battery I'm trying to charge isn't charged but I am mixing and
matching the charging base with mains chargers which is porbably why
it doesn't work as it should (as described above, which makes sense).

Not a good idea unless everything is to original spec. Some chargers are
incredibly crude and may only use a resistor to give an approximation of a
constant current charge, and altering the PSU feeding that can only make
matters worse. ;-)

Is constant current charge critical then?