Posted to alt.home.repair
Speedy Jim Speedy Jim is offline

Default Blocked Conduit - Need to See in 3/4" Conduit - Fibre optic Camera?

Scott Townsend wrote:

I have a 3/4" Conduit that seems to be blocked at the end. We can kind of
hear the Fish tape tink at then stopping point, though we don't know where
it is... We don't know how to locate the end of the conduit. We were
thinking if we could see the end, it might help us determine the location.
It is about 6'-8' to the end of the conduit. I've tried looking for Small
Cameras, but nothing that will really fit in the Conduit. Found a bunch of
Borescopes, though they are too expensive.

It would be great to get something like this:
http://www.accessweb.it/en/optical_fibres/fo1.htm Though 97cm is too
short.

Any Suggestions on how to see to the end or find the end?

Thanks!

Trick we have used on water pipes:
Take a carry tank and connect hose to conduit.
Blow 100 psi air thru and search for the "whistle"
at the other end.

Alternate: pump Mercaptan in with the compressed air and
locate by smell.

Jim