Posted to alt.guitar,sci.electronics.repair
Grinner Grinner is offline

Default Rant: F**k the Salvation Army

"davidlaska" wrote in message
oups.com...

Grinner wrote:

Nup, just a savvy bargain hunter. I went to the local tip. They have a
shop
there. I bought a three seater leather lounge, a three burner BBQ, four
kitchen chairs, a high quality chrome plated blender, a yamaha organ and
four drawer filing cabinet. $40 for the lot. Just cuts out the middle
man.
Nothing wrong with any of it, none of it had been near the tip face, I
cleaned the lounge with methylated spirits and dyed it black then
conditioned the leather, shampooed the chairs and gave everything a good
clean. I could probably make $500 on it all on ebay.

You do a couple of good things there, first you get stuff out a place
that will not see the right buyer. It would end up in a landfill if it
stayed to long. Then you make it presentable and offer it on Ebay so
the right person can buy it. They save money and further keep the
landfills from filling up. Finally you make money which in turn makes
one more person happy (two if the buyer is happy which I am sure he
usually is).

You think like I do, gotta save the planet an' all.