Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis mac davis is offline

Default Lathe Spindle Taps

On Mon, 25 Sep 2006 23:26:01 GMT, "Tom Storey" wrote:

I tried to order a 1 1/4 x 8 tap from JR Beal a few months ago and was told
the ones they had were flawed. I think a few on this ng had the same
response. I checked again a couple of weeks ago and JR sent me one of the
new taps for a user trial. Works great, just like advertised and apparently
they now have all the popular sizes in quantity.

No affiliation, just a happy customer

Damn, I hope you're right about the "they now have all the popular sizes in
quantity"....
I've had a 1-8 spindle tap on backorder for months and I'm moving on October
12...

Mac

https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis