Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default What are these screws for on this old craftsman jointer and another question.

"stryped" wrote in message
ps.com...
How would those screws control the blade height/level adjustment of all
three blades?
Leon wrote:
"stryped" wrote in message
ps.com...
As you know I have a vintage 50's craftsman jointer. There are 3 knives
in the cutterhead. Each knife is held in with 4 allen screws. But also
on the cutterhead in one spot are two allen screws on on each end og
the cutter.

Sorry, I expanded what you were saying and "thought" 2 Allen screws on each
end of each blade.
My old Craftsman has 2 screws under each knife on each end for the purpose
that I stated.