Posted to uk.d-i-y
Cuprager Cuprager is offline

Default Red and green LEDs on cordless drill charging base

Art Deco wrote:
On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 10:10:33 GMT, "VisionSet"
wrote:

wrote in message
ups.com...
When should the red LED be on?

Err, when it's finished charging?

I would guess that it should be the other way around. Red= not
charged, green=charged. If the battery was bought separately to the
charger then it might not work properly. I have to use different
chargers to charge different battery packs of the same make.

Yes that's the way mine works, perhaps the OP is trying to charge an already
charged battery.

The battery I'm trying to charge isn't charged but I am mixing and
matching the charging base with mains chargers which is porbably why
it doesn't work as it should (as described above, which makes sense).

My Dewalt charger has a single led... blinks while charging, constant
light when charged and a third fast blink if the battery is kaput. I
doubt that the red light is the kaput light but you never know!