Ben

Default electric shower

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message et...
Hi, i'd like to install a power shower on the cheap!
(snip)
i've a combi boiler thingy so the imersion is not needed.

You are getting confused by terminology here.

1. The term "power shower" refers to a system that use a pump on your stored
gravity fed hot water system. You don't appear to have such a system, so
this is not possible, although the wiring described would be suitable for
such a shower.

2. The term "electric shower" refers to a system which heats water
instantaneously. This takes a lot of electricity and needs huge cables. An
immersion heater is 3kW. A shower around 10kW. The supply intended for the
immersion will be simply inadequete for this.

3. You say you have a combi boiler. This should provide an excellent shower,
vastly superior to an electric shower. Why are you wishing to install an
electric one?

Christian.

Hmm, damn, guess nothing in life is ever simple!

I suppose i thought i wanted an electric shower from what you guys
have said and that my current wiring just aint going to be up to the
job.

I do have a combi boiler, but it doesn't seem to make for a good
shower... is hard to get the temperature right.
I'm quite poor and only had a thingy that attached to the taps, was
quite a posh nice shiny plastic one!
Is there some kind of weird device that would be better?

Thanks.