Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] redwoodcoast@fastmail.fm is offline

Default From chalk lines to roof lines--Putting final shingles at the top

wrote:
Hi all, OP again.

Just to clear things up. This is a small free-standing shed. And from
my last post here a few weeks ago, I learned that this type of roof is
called a "shed roof." Unfortunately, I don't remember the name of the
poster that told me that....

So, a very simple freestanding structure with a slanted roof. If you
stand at the front of the shed, the roof is probably 14 or so feet
high. If you go to the back, the roof is down to, oh, say, 7 feet high
-- this all being guess.

Anyway. Had three roofers out earlier who all wanted around $700 to
roof this with three-tab....decided could not afford it, but
considering the labor and the aches and pains that son and I had, maybe
that would have been the smarter move....LOL

Anyway, sounds as if I need to do the last "course" as I thought and
then do another course of only three-tab cut-offs and then put the
"drip edge" over the top of that...it's not really a drip edge, I don't
think. It's a three inch, bent in the middle, thing I got at the home
center....Anyway, I think I have some half-baked ideas. We'll try them
out on Saturday.

Of course, if any of you any anything to add, feel free.