Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default From chalk lines to roof lines--Putting final shingles at the top

dpb wrote:

Then, to finish, take the shingles and, starting at the end of the
house into the prevailing wind, ...

Sorry, just realized what I wrote--start at the end away from the
prevailing wind so each course is covering the previous _INTO_ the
wind.

If you're in an area that doesn't have such strong winds routinely as
here, this isn't particularly important, but here we have lots of
(mostly south or southwest) winds for days at a time. So, if start at
the east or north end of a roof, the ridge shingles are then laid
"into" the wind....