Posted to alt.guitar,sci.electronics.repair
Jim Jim is offline

Default F**k the Salvation Army

boardjunkie wrote:
Jim wrote:

I think your title is harsh and uncalled for...

You needed a test bench to find out it was busted??? Why not just
return with your own power supply and try it there,

Non standard pwr connector I had to hack off. Then I would have needed
a meter to determine pwr polarity since it wasn't marked. Then
soldering stuff, wire, pwr supply, and connectors to get it powered up.
Get my point? I doubt they would want anyone doing anything like
that.....

Heck, most of these stores have a bin
full of wall warts,

Not 12vdc 3a wall warts. This probably had a little switcher supply
that ran it.

Ok, so now I'm a "greedy bargain hunter" just looking to profit?

I NEVER SAID THAT. Perhaps you're replying to somebody else's comment?
I'm a bargain hunter myself! There is NOTHING wrong with that.

see....so my bench time isn't worth anything when I refurbish the
stuff? I find things all grubby and neglected and spend hours
disassembling, cleaning, and repairing them. Hell, I've even gone as
far as to refinish the wooden enclosures. So that's bad. Putting items
in the hands of those who will appreciate and enjoy them is a bad
thing? Keeping lead out of landfills is a bad thing? Well I should stop
doing that then 'cause I'm cheating the charities and fleecing
consumers.

Yawn.....arguing about this is making me sleepy......