Posted to rec.woodworking

Default 10" Table Saw blade Speed

In article ,
silver_18038 wrote:

Hello, I have a Craftsman 10" table saw with a 2hp 3450 rpm motor. I'm
using a Delta 10" rip/crosscut blade. Right now I have a 2 1/2" pulley
on the motor and a 2 1/2" pulley on the blade arbor. Is the blade rpm
is to slow? What size pulleys should I be using and what is a good
blade speed? Also, where can I get double sheave Link Belt pulleys?
Any input will be great appreciated. Thanks, Jim

--
silver_18038

Most 10" saws with induction motors are set up for about 4500 RPM,
+/- a couple grand. At any rate, it's safe to say that 3450 is too
slow. If you change pulley sizes to get close to 4500 you'll be in
good company.

The link belts don't require any special type of pulley. You can get
pullies from the usual suspects. Grainger, MSC, McMaster-Carr, as well
as several mail-order places. There is some argument over whether the
link belts should be used in a multiple belt setup. My contractor's
saw has only the usual single belt sheaves so I haven't had to form an
opinion on that yet.

--
No dumb questions, just dumb answers.
Larry Wasserman - Baltimore, Maryland - lwasserm(@)charm(.)net