Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grimly Curmudgeon Grimly Curmudgeon is offline

Default This week's Aldi bargain

drugs began to take hold. I remember Guy King
saying something like:

On Sainsbury's peanuts: Warning: contains nuts. (But no peas?)

Ah, but as we all know, peanuts aren't nuts - so to warn those allergic
to nuts that a pack of peanuts may contain nuts isn't unreasonable.

This keeps coming up on various ngs. The nut warning is because the
packaging machinery may have been used previously to pack some real nuts
and traces might be left in the machine. Some people are so sensitive to
nut traces that the slightest amount could give them severe problems.
--

Dave