Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] prfesser@hotmail.com is offline

Default Dado cut in extruded ploystyrene foam insulation?

bryanska wrote:
Hey,

Does anyone have any ideas on how to cut a 3-inch wide and 1-inch deep
trench into the face of a panel of EPS foam insulation?

It should travel vertically up and down the 8-foot high face.

Any ideas welcome.

Hello:

I've used a router to shape EPS foam but it isn't fun; tiny bits of
foam and dust go everywhere. For a 3" wide trench several passes would
be needed.

I assume we're talking about 2" or thicker foam. Would it be practical
to build up the shape you need from 1" thick sheets? That is, cut two
strips of 1" foam and glue them to the face of a whole sheet of 1"
foam, leaving a 3" wide gap between.

Best -- Terry