Posted to alt.home.repair
DK DK is offline

Default "Entry Level" what does that mean? HVAC question...

Did you say you lived in Alaska?

On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 20:11:44 -0400, Stevey Sandlin
wrote:

My last house was 2200 sq foot. It has wall-2-wall carpet, ceramic
tile in the entry way, linoleum in the kitchen, Formica counters. It
was a nice home and I sold it for $140K ( SE USA.)
The realtor described it as an Entry Level home. What does that mean?
A Cheap house?

I'm in a new home now, a bit nicer then the one I was in, and bigger
to boot. However it also has Formica and linoleum in the kitchen.
When I get ready to sell it, I don't want it to be an Entry Level
Home. What changes can I make so it is no longer entry level? I'd
like to do something that I can get use out of now, rather then 5 or
10 years down the road when I decide to sell it.
Suggestions?

Also, the house had Gas heat and a gas water heater. My summer
electric bill was $350 for a 2 story brick house ( 4 bedrooms, 2 & 1/2
bath great room) I don't know the sq foot but it would have to be
closer to 3k then 2500. The bill seems a bit high and I was thinking
of getting a new HVAC unit. The Electric company gave me a flyer
showing that a heat pump was cheaper to use then gas heat. I've had a
heat pump before and I think it give poor heat v/s gas heat. But I
was thinking replacing the HVAC with something ultra efficient or
even using geothermal heat pump (if I went that route.)

Comments on both, thoughts, flames?

Steve