Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.models.engineering
Nick Nick is offline

Default Small parts gold plating

"Malcolm Stewart" wrote in
message .. .
I'm into amateur sound recordings using electret microphones. These
require a low voltage, ~ 2.2v, which is supplied by the camcorder or
Minidisc recorder via the signal lead. Consequently for low noise
recordings it is essential that the 3.5mm plugs and sockets between the
microphone and recorder aren't suffering from handling noise caused by
oxide on the contacts. Where possible I've obtained gold-plated plugs
from headphone leads, but the choice on offer* doesn't cover my precise
configuration, and I do get handling noise.
(*I've looked at CPC-Farnell, Maplin & RS websites recently.)

Can anyone recommend a UK based gold plating service which might be able
to plate the nickel(?) coated plugs and sockets which I can obtain easily.
And at a reasonable price for very small numbers.

Thanks in adavance

--
M Stewart
Milton Keynes, UK

I recently had some clock parts gold plated by Premier Plating of High
Wycombe.
Excellent job and reasonable price. Not too much of a trek from MK but could
perhaps
be done by mail.
HTH

Nick.