Posted to alt.home.repair
Tom The Great Tom The Great is offline

Default "Entry Level" what does that mean? HVAC question...

On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 20:11:44 -0400, Stevey Sandlin
wrote:

My last house was 2200 sq foot. It has wall-2-wall carpet, ceramic
tile in the entry way, linoleum in the kitchen, Formica counters. It
was a nice home and I sold it for $140K ( SE USA.)
The realtor described it as an Entry Level home. What does that mean?
A Cheap house?

I'm in a new home now, a bit nicer then the one I was in, and bigger
to boot. However it also has Formica and linoleum in the kitchen.
When I get ready to sell it, I don't want it to be an Entry Level
Home. What changes can I make so it is no longer entry level? I'd
like to do something that I can get use out of now, rather then 5 or
10 years down the road when I decide to sell it.
Suggestions?

Also, the house had Gas heat and a gas water heater. My summer
electric bill was $350 for a 2 story brick house ( 4 bedrooms, 2 & 1/2
bath great room) I don't know the sq foot but it would have to be
closer to 3k then 2500. The bill seems a bit high and I was thinking
of getting a new HVAC unit. The Electric company gave me a flyer
showing that a heat pump was cheaper to use then gas heat. I've had a
heat pump before and I think it give poor heat v/s gas heat. But I
was thinking replacing the HVAC with something ultra efficient or
even using geothermal heat pump (if I went that route.)

Comments on both, thoughts, flames?

Steve

Might be easier to share thoughts if we knew some additional
information.

How much per kwh do you pay?

How much insulation in attic?

What is the condition of the house? Well, bad, etc....

later,

tom @ www.Consolidated-Loans.info