Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike W W Mike W W is offline

Default Programmable valve for central heating?

On Mon, 25 Sep 2006 14:44:50 +0100, "Christian McArdle"
wrote:

Use a programmable thermostat in the flat to control the zone valve.

Thanks to all for the replies. I wasn't aware that zone valves could
be controlled by a programmable thermostat/timers. So, from what you
say, it sounds like I need to make sure I get one with a microswitch
connection. Can anyone recommend one, or suggest what is a reasonable
price to pay? About £60 - £70?

Here is a sketch of my system:
http://tinyurl.com/rg6dp
(excuse the scrappy sketch)

I am planning to insert the programmed zone valve in place of the
stopckock shown for Zone 1 (or perhaps next to it).

If these zone valves don't cost too much, I guess the ideal setup
would be to have one controlling Zone 1 and another for Zone 2. Then
each can be programmed independently to suit the living habits of (a)
me, in the main part of the house, and (b) my tenant, in the rented
part of the house. Comments/advice much appreciated.

Thanks again,

Mike W