Posted to alt.home.repair
tom tom is offline

Default pellet stove- room too small for sqft rating?

As long as you don't melt the stove or burn down the house, you'll be
fine, eh? Tom
Keith wrote:
I have a small area (~500 sqft) that I'd like to heat with a pellet stove.
The smallest pellet stove I can find is rated for 1500sqft; I know that
with whole-house HVAC that you need to size the unit appropriate to keep it
from kicking on and off too much (and getting uneven HVAC as a result)- is
the same true with pellet stoves? I don't mind if it goes through fuel
slower (bonus for me) but I don't want to fry that room or do something
that might hurt the pellet stove itself.

I welcome any advice.

Thanks,
Keith