Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Car door mirror heating pads

In article ,
Andrew Gabriel wrote:
Yes. The original is a sort of fibre pad with wide tracks on it -
rather like a PCB using something other than copper, and is just glued
on. Seems modern mirrors have the element built in like a heated rear
window.

In a similar situation where I wanted to heat a panel, I
epoxied a chain of resistors on the back. Each one is quite
low power. You will have to be careful of water ingress and
electrolosis thought.

I'm now considering using fibreglass sheet as used on PCBs with nichrome
wire in parallel runs secured by holes at either end of the run, and the
whole lot covered and secured by fibreglass resin. Any obvious problems
with this approach? I have spare glasses so can experiment.

--
*Taxation WITH representation ain't much fun, either.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.