Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Board Buddies

mac davis wrote:

Larry... I like the idea of these, but wonder if the angle of the wheels are
enough to eliminate the need for feather boards?

All I can tell you is I've never used featherboards while ripping with them.
I do use featherboards when ripping very narrow stock where the wheels get in
the way.

My concern would be that it appears that you couldn't use feather boards
with them?

I usually put one wheel just ahead of the blade and the other just behind the
blade. No reason you couldn't use a featherboard in between the two, either
horizontal or vertical.

--
It's turtles, all the way down