Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default expanding foam as CH pipe insulation?

peter wrote:
Hi

I want to insulate CH 22mm pipes. The standard ''round'' pipe insulation
will not
fit because of all four pipes being to close together.
I am thinking of covering the lot in expandable foam, maybe loosely wrapping
something
around them and spraying inside to contain the foam.
I do not want to use any fibreglass/rockwool wraps as I am allergic to that
stuff.

Are the foam insulating properties as good as the pipe insulation tubes?
Are there any other alternatives?

Any advice greatly appreciated

Peter

Sounds a very sound way to proceed to me.

I'd say that its probably BETTER than foam sleeves.