Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Car door mirror heating pads

In article ,
Colin Wilson wrote:
Bit O/T, but the heaters for the mirrors on both mine have failed and
are NLA - although plain glasses are still available. Anyone think of
a source for the elements only?

Many wing mirrors are used across a range of other vehicles - sometimes
for other manufacturers... perhaps its a fairly standard bit of kit ?

(IIRC some Porsches use bog standard VW wing mirrors)

It's possible, but I'd guess someone would have found this out already if
so. The option is obviously to get a vaguely similar glass and remove the
element. Checking on some prices for cars which have both, the heated ones
seem to be about 10 quid more.

--
*All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.